FAQ  •  Login

I Wanna Be The Fat Guy

<<

popcorn

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: I Wanna Be The Fat Guy

For those of you that think I am not doing any thing I am proud to present you with...
The First Music List Update! Rember these song are being altered to be Fat Guy appropriate.

Spoiler! :
Rick Roll
I'm To Sexy
Bodies
Bad Day
Another One Bites The Dust
Pokemon Theme
Ghost Busters Theme
Amazing Grace

That is all for now, most are finished by the way.
What do you think?
Love, your "I Wanna Be The Fat Guy" designer
<<

IWBTFatG

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:55 pm

I am very sad no one has asked any question or replied. The good news is that vertigo has played my first beta version of I Wanna Be The Fat Guy. Sadly there was a lot of glitches and things needed to be fixed. I am hoping vertigo can play this new version soon. I added music, sound fx, and edited the layout a bit.
Sincerly, your "I Wanna Be The Fat Guy" developer.
<<

popcorn

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I have a bit of a request. Me and FatG are in need of great spriters. It would be best if you have skype (if you don't have skype please download it and create a file).

If you fit the description please reply with your skype name.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:35 am

IWBTFatG wrote:I am very sad no one has asked any question or replied. The good news is that vertigo has played my first beta version of I Wanna Be The Fat Guy. Sadly there was a lot of glitches and things needed to be fixed. I am hoping vertigo can play this new version soon. I added music, sound fx, and edited the layout a bit.

I'd really like to play the latest version.
<<

IWBTFatG

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 am

We have finished are yearly break on our game and are going back to work.
Spoiler! :
We have made a tetris room.
We are making a game room, so we are asking you for what games you would like to see in that room.
<<

Pwn4ge1337

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:34 pm

IWBTFatG wrote:I thought i would ask the people what they like, dislike, and want in an IWBTG game.

So, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Make sure you dont have any rooms that have triggers all over it. For example, a room with spikey corridors and random spikes ones will fall on you, too quickly for you to react to on your first try. Also try to be original, make the game look good and make sure not to have any rooms that are hard in a stupid way.

Too many fangames forget these things. The only ones I think are worth playing are: I Wanna Be The Fangame, Fangame: The Game, and I Wanna Be The Boshy.

One more thing, dont reference modern day games because they look really out of place. For example the reference to Braid in Pickory.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Pwn4ge1337 wrote:One more thing, dont reference modern day games because they look really out of place. For example the reference to Braid in Pickory.

It's sometimes okay to reference modern day games so long as you do so without deviating from the core design of your fangame... which is difficult to do, but possible.
<<

popcorn

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Pwn4ge1337 wrote:
IWBTFatG wrote:I thought i would ask the people what they like, dislike, and want in an IWBTG game.

So, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Make sure you dont have any rooms that have triggers all over it. For example, a room with spikey corridors and random spikes ones will fall on you, too quickly for you to react to on your first try. Also try to be original, make the game look good and make sure not to have any rooms that are hard in a stupid way.

Right now we are debating on a spike corridors so we do not know if we will have one, but do not worry if we have one it will not be super hard maybe even easier then I wanna be the guy. I know it will be easier then I wanna be the rip off which has an impossible one that would take hours to get passed.

P.S. Our rooms will be hard but not in a stupid way. ^_^

P.S.S. We will have to temporarily stop game production because FatG has to get some stuff on his computer in working order, then we might have to recreate the whole game in anoter GM file because the one he is using has some technical difficulties with sound and movement ect. but it wont take long to replace. :( We will get back to work soon. :)
<<

IWBTFatG

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:29 pm

I fixed my computer, but I am trying to get the FatG data on my laptop and to get the data fixed. It may take some time.

Spoiler! :
The tetris room doesnt fit the FatG feel and is in need of repair.
<<

Pwn4ge1337

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:20 pm

popcorn wrote:
Pwn4ge1337 wrote:

So, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Right now we are debating on a spike corridors so we do not know if we will have one, but do not worry if we have one it will not be super hard maybe even easier then I wanna be the guy. I know it will be easier then I wanna be the rip off which has an impossible one that would take hours to get passed.

P.S.S. We will have to temporarily stop game production because FatG has to get some stuff on his computer in working order, then we might have to recreate the whole game in anoter GM file because the one he is using has some technical difficulties with sound and movement ect. but it wont take long to replace. :( We will get back to work soon. :)

Sorry I didnt mean spike corridor I meant a room that is just filled with spikes, triggers, and precise jumps. I Wanna Be The Tribute had one, and it would be easy but there was flying spike triggers everywhere, its not even fun.
<<

popcorn

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Pwn4ge1337 wrote:
popcorn wrote:
Pwn4ge1337 wrote:

So, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Sorry I didnt mean spike corridor I meant a room that is just filled with spikes, triggers, and precise jumps. I Wanna Be The Tribute had one, and it would be easy but there was flying spike triggers everywhere, its not even fun.

I know what you mean, I have seen a lot of fangames go bad just because of that one fatal flaw. I use to play a lot of fangames and a lot of them had those type of rooms, they make you so mad you just wanna give up. Do not worry we make sure our games do not end up like those others that just end up in the trash!!! :D
<<

IWBTFatG

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I have copied most of the original fat guy data, and on the way i have inivated/improved on some of it. We are trying to do our best and me and popcorn hope you will like what we have done so far.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:26 pm

I think I played a recent version of this on stream the other day. I completed it.
Spoiler! :
It's the one where you have to defeat a baby mario and yoshi at the end, right?
<<

IWBTFatG

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:15 am

vertigoelectric wrote:I think I played a recent version of this on stream the other day. I completed it.
Spoiler! :
It's the one where you have to defeat a baby mario and yoshi at the end, right?

Yes you did,but you forgot the stream the re-amped tutorial room. Going to add the words like in the old version.

The tetris room was a fail and has to be redone. Added more the world1. Added to it and touched up world1. I am starting on world2(no hints on what it is going to be yet.) World3 has no theme yet , but is almost finished. Just have to edit 1 more level.

Also now you have to go through the home galaxy1 to get through to the worlds.

A public version may be released soon.

We may have our own forum up in the near future.

The difficulties are not running yet. And the difficulties are noob, epic, totaly freakin hard, apociliptic advanture.

We might make to different types of downloads for the public version. On with noob and epic, and the other with totaly friken hard dude and apociliptic adventure.

Sorry for the poor spelling. I had litile time to work on it on this, i will work on it later.

P.S. We have a group on facebook if you want to join( popcorn will give you more detail on that.

Spoiler! :
World1 is the yoshi place
Also the Worlds might get switched, swoped or even moved in the future.
Last edited by IWBTFatG on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:31 am

okay

:spike: :spike: :spike:
PreviousNext

Return to Other Projects