FAQ  •  Login

Thoughts on .077

<<

markmark

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:01 am

Thoughts on .077

I like
-New areas
-Artic area feels more fleshed out, Though I feel like the new screens may be too much for new players.
-New Power!(enabling bullet defelctors/directors)
-Challenge remains high but mostly avoids stonewalling(giving you something so hard you'll stop progress for an extended period)

I dont like
-The puzzle in the desert is still logically unsolvable. I have gotten past it four times now only by randomness until a combination came up that I was able to solve.
-Lag seemingly getting worse, Over 3/4 of my deaths now are from lag. I cannot imagine it being a hardware problem as I have tried this on A 2.2ghz 2gbram laptop with win7 and xp as well as a quad core 4gbram desktop. Some areas are really bad and others not so much.
-Some triggers seem to be hit and miss. An area Im in right now has a 20% trigger failure rate.
-Collision box still feels off by a pixel or two. Either characters is too big or spikes are.

Overall - Still mostly enjoyable. Love the challenge. Hate the lag. Can't wait for another release.

Currently stuck on Valley of lost hills top left path. You have to jump on two blocks that appear in a path, while shooting blocks in your way, and the final block turns into a solid the moment you shoot it. Unsure wether its a puzzle trick or just plain speed I need.
<<

Pwn4ge1337

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: Thoughts on .077

i never experience any lag or trigger failures, but i agree with you that the puzzle doesnt make sense. I have only done it once randomly and dont understand the symbols. But yes, its a great game
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:37 pm

If you google the quote at the top of the room you'll be able to make sense of the symbols.

The "collision box" is Jonny's own sprite. Any deadly object that actually touches him (hair, foot, arm, whatever) at any time will make him die.
<<

markmark

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:43 am

tried a few pages of google with no luck. I didnt realize the quote from was myst though. Thats cool. Though I havent played that game since the 90s, good times. I going to take a wild guess that the symbols were part of one of the puzzles in the original myst? Still having no luck on it otherthan writing down what they all do and shuffling them randomly until a solvable pattern arises.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 am

Close, but it's not as specific as that. Those symbols aren't exactly limited to being "part of a puzzle" in the myst series.

Googling the quote tells you it's from the Myst world. Google more about the Myst world and you can't help but run into the key that will help you solve the puzzle.

Part of the inspiration of this puzzle game from hours of playing EVIDENCE: THE LAST RITUAL.

EDIT: After reading your post again, I'll give you this hint. The symbols were not really made prominent until the sequel to the original Myst. Look that up.
<<

Juannnnnn

Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:55 pm

I am here too, searched everything about myst and Riven, the sequel, and found nothing about the symbols, any more help? :S
<<

markmark

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:17 am

ditto, best I can offer is write down what everything does. Left side is counter clock wise and right is clockwise if I recall. Write down what numbers they move and try your best at the logic puzzle. I have gotten past it twice using this method. Your results may vary good luck
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:28 am

Do your searches again but use an image search instead...
<<

markmark

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:48 am

tried that when you first said to google it. Nothing seems to be connected to it
<<

Ramond

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:51 pm

I actually got it from some webpage, not image search, there was information about stuff
<<

jbaptistec

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Actually, i guessed the meaning of the symbols all by myself (after a few tries), without knowing Myst or googling anything. ^_^
But I still have no idea where they come from nor what they meant in their original context...
<<

markmark

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 am

hope this puzzle gets removed or revamped in next version.
<<

Ramond

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:59 am

Come on, it's not that hard: What could those symbols next to the switches possibly stand for? Only one thing. How often you need to shoot those switches.

And how do you symbolize amounts?
<<

markmark

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:28 am

I had at first assumed the roman numberals stood for what order but after seeing same pattern I too assumed it stood for number of times you need to shoot it, but have had no luck. Writing down what they do and then randomly shooting until a logically solvable solution arises has been my only personal solution.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:06 am

markmark wrote:hope this puzzle gets removed or revamped in next version.

Sorry, but it stays. It's one of my favorite puzzles as well as a tribute to a few of my favorite games.
Next

Return to General Discussion