FAQ  •  Login

I forgot I even registered

<<

LB

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 pm

I forgot I even registered

It's been a long time. How have you been?
Obvious reference is obvious.

So yeah, I don't even remember registering. I got an email saying I had a new private message, something in arabic, and it was deleted when I checked. I've not seen what progress VE has made on the game since I last saw it, but I'll bet I still won't be able to get past the first level. I also haven't seen VE in the Clickteam chat for forums much :\

Oh yeah, I go by LB - one letter at a time.

Edit: Oh, I have an avatar and a signature, and registered 2 years ago! XD
You gonna finish coding that?
<<

Ramond

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 am

Re: I forgot I even registered

Hi again. Yes, the project has been on ice for quite a long time now, and it doesn't look like it's going to be back in progress anytime soon. However I think the game is currently long enough for an enjoyable playthrough (except that after the Amper Sands, some parts get ridiculously hard, but that is also a bit due to missing balancing, because IMO development on levels was rushed after the Amper Sands) once in a while.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Ethan and I have been discussing Fangame development. Not making any promises, but there's talk of rebooting the Fangame The Game project from scratch, following the same basic game and level design but with some much needed improvements. Certain areas of levels might be modified to improve the difficulty curve, for example. Also Cloud 9.1 might be removed completely, or at least changed into a non-auto-scrolling level.
<<

popcorn

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 am

Hey vertigo, I love hearing that you may be picking Fangame back up again. I am getting really excited.

I remember a long time ago you said that you wanted to restart making Fangame because you made the original in a very odd way and you wanted to sort out everything so there would be less glitches, and now you have that chance since you said you'll be making it from scratch.

Also, don't forget that I will always be ready for updates and I am always supporting you and this awesome game.
Love, your "I Wanna Be The Fat Guy" designer
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 am

Well, not entirely from scratch, but... mostly from scratch. i can only do this with Ethan's help, though, and so far we've only been discussing the possibilities. If we do reboot the game, it will run better and some of the level designs might change to allow for a more reasonable difficulty curve. Just remember, so far it's just discussion.
<<

markmark

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 pm

reboot would be welcome :smiley_default_mrgreen:

Return to Introductions