FAQ  •  Login

Support me by clicking the ads!

<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Support me by clicking the ads!

I've set up Google AdSense with this forum. I have it set up so that there will be a banner ad displayed at the bottom of the forum. I figured that shouldn't be very intrusive at all. I can even edit it so it matches the theme better.

What I'd like to ask you guys is to click on the ads for me. I want to see how well this actually works. I don't imagine you'd actually have to buy or sign up for anything. Just click an ad.

I'm going to see if I can get it to have more relevant ads that have to do with gaming and stuff... but I'm new to this, so we'll see...

Thanks!
<<

Pwn4ge1337

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 pm

Re: Support me by clicking the ads!

I clicked on the ads a couple times, hope it helps
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 am

Pwn4ge1337 wrote:I clicked on the ads a couple times, hope it helps

Oh wow! It already says there have been 42 page views, 12 ad clicks, and estimated earnings of $7.64! Though, finalized earnings may be lower than estimated, 7 bucks is still a lot more than I had expected.

Hmmmm, this could motivate me even more to keep fangame updated so that I can get more traffic to the site!
<<

Pwn4ge1337

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 pm

vertigoelectric wrote:

Oh wow! It already says there have been 42 page views, 12 ad clicks, and estimated earnings of $7.64! Though, finalized earnings may be lower than estimated, 7 bucks is still a lot more than I had expected.

Hmmmm, this could motivate me even more to keep fangame updated so that I can get more traffic to the site!

no wonder some websites are covered with ads.
<<

vertigoelectric

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Pwn4ge1337 wrote:
vertigoelectric wrote:

no wonder some websites are covered with ads.

Yeah, really. I insist on being tasteful with my ad placement, though, and I wouldn't make it super annoying like a lot of sites do. That's why I put it way down at the bottom and even themed it to somewhat match the forum. Of course, it's out of the way placement means it won't be seen by most people which is why I ask you guys to remember to click it for me from time to time.

I've also placed an ad on my NES OST website, which I don't know if you know about. http://nesost.vertigofx.com It's a website containing over a thousand original NES soundtracks for free. You can even preview the songs directly on the site before you download. If you know anybody who likes 8-bit music, please share that site with them. Don't forget to have them "Like" it at the top left and to click on the ads at least once!!
:magic:

Return to Latest News